Want to learn how to check your credit score for free? Having a good credit score will make it easier to purchase a house, car and much more.
Some people don’t really pay much attention to their credit score. As a new face to the workforce, many younger Millennials are probably living in an apartment or in housing near campus. It would seem like the last thing on your mind is your credit score, credit repair, or how to improve your credit score.
However, having a good credit score will make it easier to purchase a house, car, or qualify for lower interest rates with credit cards.
What is a good credit score?
For a score with a range between 300-850, a credit score of 700 or above is generally considered good. A score of 800 or above on the same range is considered to be excellent. Most credit scores fall between 600 and 750.
What is a bad credit score?
A score from 650 to 700 is “fair”, and a score ranging from 300 to 649 is “bad.”
How can you improve your credit score?
Here are seven, simple things you can do to strengthen that credit score in under 6 months:
- Have at least one credit card account and try to maintain a good payment history on that account.
- Make sure you pay off your total balance on time and ideally in full.
- You can shop around for which credit card is best for you depending on what types of purchases you make.
- Your first credit card ideally should have no annual fees.
- Keep balances low on credit cards and other revolving credit.
- Pay off debt rather than moving it around.
- Don’t close unused credit cards as a short-term strategy to raise your score.
Best Money Saving Apps of 2022
|Capital One Shopping|
Amazon doesn't want you to know about this plugin. Learn about a little known plugin that tells you if you're getting the best price on Amazon.
Rakuten is a must-have. They offer cash back as high as 10% for some stores. So if you are shopping at Target and you buy something for $500, you'll get $50 in cash back.
Ibotta is a free app that allows you to earn cash back both in-store and online. It is well worth the little bit of time it takes to download, configure, and use.
Trim delivers on its promise to save you money effortlessly. You can use it to cancel unwanted subscriptions and bill negotiations.